Sunday, February 6, 2011

Blood draws aren't painful. They're just a pain.

For some reason my body likes my blood and doesn't like to hand it over to anyone, ever. It's always 50/50 as to whether the MAs will be able to find a willing vein and then it's even more slim that it will actually drain. I've ended up having to head to the hospital many times. ICK.

So, when I saw the amount of vials yesterday (5) I knew I was in for an uphill battle. I laughed at the MA and said good luck. After an hour of sticks, gloves filled with hot water, 2 cups of chlorine tasting hot water to drink, running my arms under hot water and a flash light that sort of reminded me of a taser (to use this he had to stick me in the dark...) we had a grand total of 1/3 of one vial. awesome.

At that point I could either head to the hospital or come back tomorrow morning. I chose the latter. I'm heading back in about an hour. I hope my vains cooperate a bit better today. If not I'll have to head to the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment